ABOUT THE VIDEO INVESTMENT TEAM:
Video Investment is responsible for handling the gathering of information, developing the strategy approach to all buys, negotiating of ad space and time, and placement of all video elements across multiple mediums such as National Television and Digital Extensions. This is done by collaborating with specific planning and digital teams to achieve the priorities and optimal objectives of each individual client/account. Once the inventory is placed, the Video Investment team is tasked with the job of maintaining the completed buy to ensure that all aspects of the process have been completed successfully.
Negotiate and execute national broadcast buys. Oversee all aspects of the negotiating process and stewardship. Maintain knowledge of marketplace conditions, business objectives and new media opportunities. Provide leadership and development tools for all buying staff.
* Take lead role in analyzing current and future marketplace conditions and pricing
* Oversee creation and presentation of buying strategies, competitive spending analyses
* Demonstrate working knowledge of marketplace trends, news, and innovations
* Work with Negotiators/Assistant Negotiators to manage upfront and scatter budgets
* Initiate ideas and buying strategies with planning team to effectively meet objectives
* Negotiate multi-platform deals when appropriate
* Take an active role in or supervise the negotiation with vendors for price, programming mix, added value and promotions
* Ensure that all buy schedules are ordered properly
* Establish day to day workload, timelines and procedures for buying staff
* Manage workload of all buying staff, ensuring stewardship of all buys, content screenings, brand allocations, commercial positioning, etc.
* Ensure that all account maintenance functions are performed accurately and on a timely basis
* Oversee post-buy examination to ensure buy integrity, meeting of goals, rotation requirements
* Maintain in-depth knowledge of media research and tools
Professional Development & People Skills:
* Represent agency with the highest possible level of professionalism to both your account and vendors
* Ensure highest level of innovation delivered for all campaigns
* Keep current with industry news by reading trades, agency publications
* Play key role in training and mentoring of junior staff, including Assistant Negotiators and Negotiators
* Teach and play a role in developing curriculum for trainings, such as the GroupM Accelerate program
* Responsible for hiring and development of team members
* 3-5 years of related experience
* Strong leadership
* Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
* Ability to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines under pressure
* Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Ability to deliver accurate deliverables
* Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* Solid experience working with all linear TV dayparts (broadcast, cable, syndication, etc.)
* Experience negotiating Upfront and/or scatter buys as well as FEP and/or OLV buys
* Expertise with internal systems (DDS, Prisma, etc.)
* Solid track record of successful plan stewardship
* Strong presentation skills a plus
* Client involvement and interaction a plus
GroupM is a WPP company. WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services. Within WPP, GroupM is the consolidated media investment management operation and parent company to world-famous media agencies, such as Mediacom, Mindshare, Wavemaker and Essence. The company has offices in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Irvine, Atlanta, Seattle and in many other major markets around the globe.
Take A Virtual Office Tour: https://roundme.com/tour/368027
GroupM and all of its affiliates embrace and celebrate diversity, inclusivity, and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are a worldwide media agency network that represents global clients. The more inclusive we are, the more great work we can create together.